Ultra-Widefield imagining for detecting ocular and systemic disease.
Experience an optomap scan as part of our Enhanced Service at David Snow Opticians.
These more advanced instruments allow us to check the health of your eyes much more thoroughly and with unparalleled precision. They offer you peace of mind when it comes to your visual health.
The Benefits of optomap
What is Ultra-widefield retinal imaging?
With traditional, small-field, and even widefield retinal imaging, only 10-100⁰ of the retina can be captured in a single image. optomap is the only true, clinically validated, ultra-widefield retinal image than can capture 82% or 200⁰ of the retina, in a single capture, in each imaging modality – an increase of 50% over the next closest imaging device. With optomap auto-montage, up to 97% or 220⁰ of the retina can be imaged with the multi-capture, montaging functionality.
optomap offers unparalleled views of the retina which provide eye care professionals with the following:
- The only anatomically correct 200⁰ or 82% image of the retina
- Simultaneous view of the central pole, mid-periphery and periphery
- Integrated hardware & software platform
- Multiple retinal imaging modalities to see more, discover more, and treat more patient diseases and pathologies, more effectively
- With more than 1000 published and ongoing clinical trials, as well as thousands of case studies and testimonials, show the long-term value of optomap imaging in diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient engagement
We keep a digital record of your optomap scan which can be compared for changes over time.
We recommend having an optomap scan as part of a comprehensive eye examination.